Post Concussion Rehabilitation
Concussion can be described as a blow to the head. A concussion causes a shaking or jarring of the brain inside the skull. This can be a frightening situation for the person suffering from the concussion and their families.
At ProCare we have designed a program to effectively progress an athlete to return safely to the game he/she loves. We will guide your child through a progressive exercise program and continue to increase the exertion levels of performance based on our daily assessment.
Symptoms of Post Concussion
- Dizziness (lightheadedness)
- Ringing in the ears
- Difficulty focusing
- Decreased tolerance to exercise
How Can Physical Therapy Help?
Post Concussive Rehabilitation will utilize treatment techniques such as:
- Return to Sport Protocol: required when an athlete returns to his/her sport after suffering a concussion
- Vestibular Ocular Exercises: to address dizziness and focus dysfunction
- Postural & Core Strengthening
- Education & Self Management